Sledgehammer Games just announced that a new update to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is hitting the Xbox One console today. The update addresses issues with people not being able to unlock the AE4 assault rifle even after purchasing the season pass, adjusting the System Hack scorestreak, and more.
Here are the official patch notes for the 12/18 Xbox One update:
- Fixed unlocking issues with the AE4 for Digital Edition owners that own Season Pass.
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Connectivity improvements.
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
- Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
- Fixed rare crash issue when switching profiles.
- Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
- Fixed various out of map exploits.
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Updated Security features.
- Updated base AE4 icon as it was displaying the AE4 Widowmaker weapon.
- Updated Playlist Menu.
- Fixed issues with localization copy in the in-game store.
- Updated sorting of Character Gear within Customization menu.
- Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.
Broadcaster UI Updates:
- Addressed rare issue with eSports Broadcaster HUD disappearing.
Ranked Play Updates:
Addressed issue where Join Session in progress in Ranked Play was still active.
Addressed issue where players where dropping multiple divisions after a match in Ranked Play.
Addressed rare issue with wins counting as losses in Ranked Play.
It’s good to see that they’re finally taking notice of player feedback regarding the System Hack scorestreak but I have to wonder when we’ll see this update on the last-gen consoles as well as the Playstation and PC platforms. The main tweak for the scorestreak involves getting rid of that ridiculous, huge X that pops up on your HUD as well as upping the total points required to obtain the streak in-game.
Another awesome thing is that Sledgehammer has increased the time window between kills that counts for multikill medals (presumably because so many people complained about it being insanely difficult to pull off double kills or better). So now players should be able to finish off more weapon challenges and unlock more camos.
Most of the other parts of the update involve general game performance and functionality.