The official release date for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is November 6th, 2015. One thing a lot of gamers are facing right now is making a decision on which version of the game to get. There are multiple options including the standard copy, the digital deluxe edition, the Juggernog edition, and, the one we’re going to talk about today – the Hardened edition.
BO3 Hardened Edition
The Hardened edition of Black Ops 3 is currently only available for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of the game and is a Gamestop exclusive. It retails for about $79.99 brand new. This edition comes with a few in-game goodies as well as some physical items.
Here’s everything that’s included:
- Limited Edition Specialist Cards – These are cards with concept art printed on them that depicts the different specialists that players can use in the game. They’re pretty cool little collector’s items for a true fans.
- The Giant Bonus Map – The BO3 Hardened edition also grants players access to a second zombies mode map called “The Giant”. This is a re-imagined version of the classic “Der Riese” zombies map.
- Collectible Steelbook – This is a limited edition case that the game goes in. It has a stunning design and is pretty sturdy, too. Perfect for awesome looks and keeping your game disc safe.
- Weaponized 115 – This is a zombies-style weapon skin that was available in Black Ops 2. Gamers that purchase this edition of the game will get instant access to the same skin in BO3.
- Cyborg – Another fan-favorite weapon skin that players will get access to upon purchasing this edition.
- Official Black Ops 3 Soundtrack – Finally, anyone that purchases the Hardened edition will also receive a copy of the official soundtrack for the game. This comes in the form of a digital download.
So, is the BO3 Hardened edition worth getting? Well, that depends on how dedicated of a fan you are. If you like the idea of getting collectible art, a nifty game case, and a few in-game bonuses – yes, this edition is worth it. It’s priced at roughly $20 more than the standard edition which isn’t bad and gives you access to an additional zombies map, in-game skins for weapons, and a few physical collectibles.