The ASM1 is yet another one of the many unique submachine guns that can be seen in the latest Call of Duty title, Advanced Warfare. This weapon is fully automatic, deals okay damage, and a built-in stabilizing mechanic that kicks after firing the weapon in long sessions. Along with decreasing recoil the weapon also slows its rate of fire when fired for extended periods of time which increases accuracy.
Even with the built-in stabilization the ASM1 still has a rather heavy amount of recoil. This is the weapon’s biggest flaw. Somewhat compensating the recoil is the gun’s huge ammo capacity, though. If you equip the extended mags attachment this SMG can hold nearly 1.5x the number of rounds that any other submachine gun can.
Damage Output: 17-35
Clip Size: 45 rounds (67 with extended mags)
- Red Dot Sight
- Hybrid Sight
- Auto Focus Sight
- Target Enhancer
- ACOG Scope
- Laser Sight
- Advanced Rifling
- Extended Mags
- Dual Magazine
- Rapid Fire
- Parabolic Microphone
- Quickdraw Grip
Because of how severe the recoil is with this weapon it’s highly recommended that you throw the foregrip on it. And, to make the most of your bullets, we suggest using the laser sight and attempting to get hipfire kills at very close range with it.
- Strider ( 2 range, 1 damage, -3 accuracy)
- Speakeasy (built-in extended mags attachment, 2 fire rate, -1 to both range and damage)
- Competence ( 1 to both handling and damage, -1 to both accuracy and range)
- Rigor ( 2 accuracy, -2 handling)
- Reckless (built-in rapid fire attachment, 1 fire rate, -1 handling)
- Sweeper ( 1 damage, -1 range)
- Reliable ( 1 accuracy, -1 range)
- Scout ( 1 mobility, -1 fire rate)
- Extended ( 1 range, -1 damage)
- Magnitude ( 2 range, -1 to both handling and mobility)
Variants can be obtained from supply drops or by completing challenges.
Here’s a video showing one of the elite variants of the ASM1, the Speakeasy version, in action: