A new update that recently hit Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC platforms has somewhat nerfed the ASM1 sub-machine gun while simultaneously buffing a few other weapons. The nerf comes in the form of a cut-down of the weapon’s magazine size. In other words, less bullets to fire per clip.
Other weapons, including the MK14, Pytaek, and EPM3 have received boosts in one way or another.
Full patch notes:
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Connectivity optimizations.
- [PlayStation 4] Fixed a rare issue where players could freeze when loading a map or remaining idle in a lobby.
- [Xbox One] Fixed a rare issue where players were not able to host a private match after returning from suspend/resume mode.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where a player’s controller could be unresponsive in splitscreen if either player unplugs their controller.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where players were not able to accept an invitation while in suspend/resume mode.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where players would not be able to join “Xbox Live” after returning from suspend/resume mode.
- Fixed a rare crash issue when entering the System Link menu.
- Fixed an issue where spectators in third person would see first person crosshairs on some weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the stock of the ARX-160 would disappear when cloaked.
- [PC] Fixed an issue where the launcher scope could be seen briefly when swapping weapons with the variable zoom scope.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would not display after viewing a player in third person Spectator mode.
- Fixed an issue where the field of view would not change when changing from first person to third person in Spectator mode.
- MK14 – Increased headshot damage multiplier.
- ASM1 – Reduced the magazine size.
- Pytaek – Decreased initial recoil, decreased aim down sights time.
- EPM3 – Increased the headshot damage multiplier, decreased the heat build up when firing.
- [PC] Added more options for fullscreen display mode (stretched and centered).
- [PC] Added an “Optimal Video” menu button in the graphics settings.
- [PC] Fixed a rare issue where players were returned to the Multiplayer Menu when selecting classes from the additional class slots.
- [PC] Fixed an issue where players with low video settings would have loot items without a preview image.
- [PC] Fixed the Alt-F4 hotkey to close the application.
- [PC] Improved options for windowed mode.
- [PC] Turned off HBAO+ for all graphic cards by default.
- [PlayStation 4]Fixed an issue where players were unable to connect to “Play Online” after creating an online PSN account from the in-game menu.
- Added the ability to redeem all duplicate items in the Armory.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could freeze when redeeming an item from the Armory.
- Fixed an issue for the virtual firing range could display a higher than 100% accuracy when using shotguns and grenades.
- Fixed an issue where arms without bodies would show up in the virtual lobby.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to pass leadership of a party to another player in the party.
- Fixed an issue where the “Woo Who?” slide-kill challenge was not tracking kills with certain variants.
- Added quick access to the in-game store to the Message of the Day.
- Various improvements and network optimizations for the in-game store.
- Fixed an exploit with the Aerial Attack Drone scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare animation bug for the XS1 Goliath scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare issue where a player could be invincible after calling in a Goliath.
Ranked Play Updates:
- Fixed a rare issue where players would lose functionality after entering and exiting the Create A Class menu.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to get around the probation period when leaving a game early.
Game Mode Specific Updates:
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Domination, Momentum, Capture the Flag, Hardpoint, and Uplink game modes.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter into a Free-For-All match while using splitscreen.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where the grapple was able to be used on glass surfaces instead of breaking them.
- Fixed a rare issue wher players were able to advance more than one Gun Rank with a multi-kill in Gun Game.
- Fixed an issue where the “Contested” and “Taking” notifications were displaying incorrectly in Domination.
Map Specific Updates:
- Fixed various out of map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
- Adjusted various spawns for Drift for before and after the dynamic map event.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where the animation for Aiming down sights would not show correctly after the map based scorestreak has worn off on Site 244.
- [Xbox One] Adjusted the height of the XS1 Vulcan scorestreak on Perplex.
- [Xbox One] Fixed a rare issue where the Missile Strike would be uncontrollable on Climate.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where orbital care packages could be called into inaccessible areas.
- [Xbox One] Fixed an issue where the playercard would show up twice in the killcam when the player was using the map based scorestreak on Site 244.
Exo Survival Updates:
- Adjusted damage for the EM1.
Exo Zombies Updates:
Fixed various out of map exploits where players could remain in place and not be attacked by zombies.
[Xbox One, PlayStation 4] Exo Zombies Fixed a rare issue where the UI icons for downed teammates, orbital supply drops, and civilians would not show up in later rounds.
Fixed a rare issue where the fire rate of some weapons would affect the secondary weapon of a player.
Various improvements to the Exo Zombies menu.
[Xbox One] Improved graphical stability when using the Magnetron gun.
[Xbox One] Fixed an exploit where the Magnetron weapon could have unlimited ammo.
[Xbox One] Fixed an issue where a trap was issuing an incorrect amount of credits.
[Xbox One] Fixed an issue where players weren’t being damaged by Toxic Gas.
[Xbox One] Fixed an issue where Bubby could focus on the Distraction Drone.
[Xbox One] Fixed an issue where the Achivement for rescuing 20 suvivors was not unlocking.