In Call of Duty: Ghosts the PDW was a 3-round burst pistol that, once players reached the max prestige in the game, was given a gold, fully-automatic variant. This handgun makes a return in Advanced Warfare but leaves behind the burst-firing mode. In AW the PDW is a completely automatic pistol that makes for a great secondary.
The PDW deals a relatively low amount of damage per bullet, burns through ammo with a 750 RPM fire rate, and has a fairly low effective range. But, when used correctly, this gun is a beast, especially in close quarters combat. The recoil on this weapon is by far the most odd of any weapon in the game being seemingly random, but pretty low normally.
PDW Weapon Stats
As mentioned above, the PDW doesn’t really pack much of a punch per bullet but when you take into consideration how fast it fires and it’s barely-noticeable recoil, it can be an extremely deadly sidearm in the hands of the right player. Below we’ve listed the specifications of this pistol.
Damage Output: 18-26
Clip Size: 15 rounds (22 with extended mags equipped)
- ACOG Scope
- Red Dot Sight
- Target Enhancer
- Auto Focus Sight
- Tactical Knife
- Extended Mags
Honestly, this handgun doesn’t really need any attachments, it works beautifully straight out of the box. But if you find yourself using your secondary often and need something with a decent amount of ammo you may want to consider throwing the Extended Mags on the PDW so you can fire off round a little longer without a reload.
Available PDW Variants:
- Crusher (+2 fire rate, +1 mag capacity, -2 damage, -1 handling)
- Chucker (+3 fire rate, -1 to damage, accuracy, and range)
- Chop Chop (+1 to both fire rate and range, -2 damage)
- Dead Eye (built-in red dot sight, +1 accuracy, -1 handling)
- Rage (built-in ACOG scope, +1 fire rate, -1 range)
- Ion (+1 fire rate, -1 range)
- CQB (+1 fire rate, -1 accuracy)
- Sub Cal (+1 fire rate, -1 damage)
- Compact (+1 fire rate, -1 handling)
- Condensed (+2 fire rate, -2 handling)
With the exception of Condensed all of the variants listed above are obtained from loot earned from Supply Drops. The Condensed variant is acquired by getting a total of 300 kills using the PDW.